Monday 23 April 2012

Blankly watching other students' performance

16 April 2012 ( Monday)


Today, Mr. Rey wants to help the Wednesday group students with their final play because last week's Wednesday is our country's Ah-Gong's birthday so is a public holiday. So, me and the other students in the Friday's one either we stay in class watch them to perform or go outside the class and do our rehearsal.

I want to look what is their play about and also we're kinda lazy to rehearsal for now. So we find a place to sit and watch their play. The 1st group is Celine and Teck Sern's play. Starting scene, Celine open the door and she mumble a sentence to Teck Sern which I can't hear it clearly. Yeah, Mr. Rey also says that to them. REPLAY! So again, Celine opens the door and says to Teck Sern that don't walk to loud. Ok from this sentence, I can see that most probably is talking about a baby and probably they are husband and wife. Then the line continues that Celine is like showing Teck Sern the baby but surprise me is Teck Sern actually say the baby is ugly. WTF?! And they start mumbling again, man this is so tiring and boring I can't really stand it if they keep continue doing like this. Thank God! Mr. Rey keep improvising them with that few sentences that I just mention. From the open door part and then the way of their talking-tone. I seriously still can't get it what are their relationship are they best friends or husband and wife or what? =.= Man I'm losing concentration now.

No longer, their turn end. Now is Wei Lim and Filza's turn. Also another one, mumbling =.= but this mumbling is loud but not clear LOL! So Mr. Rey improvise them with emotions,feelings,tone and also spacing. I'm getting sleepier =.=

Lastly is Lih Seng and Valerie's group. They are pretty good but not really realistic that's what Mr. Rey said. Their play is like talking about a guy and a woman their secrets have been dug up and the guy is frustrated about this and the woman came and sort of like convince him. Their scene is at a bar. So their improvisation from Mr. Rey is not that much but he said to them that they need to improve more.

So from all this play and improvisation that Mr. Rey taught them. I sort of get some idea about my play.

No comments:

Post a Comment